Wednesday, November 17, 2004

slow motion

Same song


Sickness, a gentle flow, I’m tired of sitting here alone
another day break opening to the grand sounds of rushing life
cars turning out of homes, lovers kiss their good byes
a quick breakfast and gentle smile

a lost good bye

Temporary leaves falling from their pale stick branches
covering the ground
like tears that fall from my eyes when I hear
that there is beauty and sounds renowned

Pick a piece of land and build your home here
wait for others to pick you out and say a hello
I’m only in the mood for one song
and pure emptiness other than that

God, the leaves are beautiful today
the red the kind of blood, the color of heart break
the color of love, sitting upon a maple tree
you’re about to cry soon.

And the yellow like the pure sunshine reflected upon the clouds
on a mellow sun wake
flickering, the wind is making it be
why won’t you stay forever the same way?
because everything is always changing.

Evergreen, a final forever that tags this hill
mountain, promising spring throughout the year,
surging madness, inside the corruption and tales of this life
open up the sadness inside.

Another click to repeat the same song
the same beat, the simple motif that creates
enough feeling that the words fit exactly with what I’m thinking,
what I’m mouthing, my own lyrics fitting in.

Wind twisted trees, but standing up freely!

These trees are the real ones who grew up strong with their own hands
who took the chance to be alone
The only tree in the place.

Not like the trees of newly staged performances
of downtown streets,
clinging to the two sticks with a band to hold it up,
a single stick, it’s natural image never complete.

Alone we are and surely will always be deep inside,
but once we’ve settled down ourselves we’ll find
others have settled right down on your sides
and the heart ache will be no more.

Pain deep inside, is it physical or emotional?
It’s got to be both, my heart, my soul.

mary


Future Soundtrack for America-Death Cab for Cutie- Temporary Life
They’re going to be big. And I will forever love them still for their simplicity.

I just remembered my dream!: I was at a town, in a valley right before the town and I was with someone I truly love. And he said "ok, this is it, this is the sunrise..right about. now!" and when he said "now" the sun came up quickly yet slowly. And it was just beyond words the beauty and light and how the clouds changed and the color!
I don't know who he is but I hope to find him.
The light so bright it overwhelmed me, yet I could see right through it.

No comments: