Tuesday, October 12, 2004

stirring ambitions

how can you believe that i could love you after
just a few days of meeting you?

it's surprising that you tickle me so i fall
right into your arms, and how quickly a single lift
can show me how tall
i would never be, but my mind can drift
higher than you can ever imagine.

so i can't decide whether to run away
from you and start looking to the side
whenever you should come my way
because you've got it all wrong, i'm going to hide.

there's no reason we cannot be just friends
and be so until the end,
i don't feel anything toward you in that way,
in fact i'm around the other bend
and you're just behind somewhere yesterday

i'm sorry, but this it how it works
you cannot tell me to not follow my heart toward someone else,
that was your first mistake
and continues to rake
at my heart's understanding of you.

mary

One cannot rush right into falling in love for someone. It's all too fast if you've just met her. You're not seeing clearly, and you can't tell her that she shouldn't do things that her heart desires. I may be blind at times, but I will account that to myself and not to anyone else. Sure you can advise me, and show me, but there's my own decision.

I've been in a sorry state lately, too many things hitting me at once. I hope he reads this. You know who you are. We can talk about if you want, I'll be right here upstairs.

No comments: